1. Which battery should I get? 281Wh or 393Wh?
They are different capacity. So different range. But for the big 393wh battery. You will feel the big torque can last longer than 281wh battery. Because it has more capacity so the voltage will drop slower when you ride it. So you will feel the board is always powerful on the way. And because 393wh battery has bigger capacity. You will get more cycle life. Because if you ride 1000 miles. For the 281wh battery. You may need to charge it for 50 times. But for the 393Wh battery. You may only need to charge it for 30 times. So the 393Wh battery cells will decay slower and you will get longer cycle life. And the battery range will reduce as time goes by. You may get enough range on 281wh battery in the beginning. Then after some time use the battery cells decay. You may couldn’t get enough range. But for the bigger battery. Even if the battery cells decay. You can still get enough range. So Even though the price of bigger battery is about $130 more expensive. But you can use it for a longer time and get better riding experience with it. And if you get the smaller battery and after it decays and you want to change to a new battery. The price of new battery is much more than $130. That’s why when customers ask the battery we alway suggest them get bigger battery. Pay more in the beginning and enjoy it. And then pay less in the future.
Another difference is that the 393Wh battery is covered by the waterproof glue. while the 281Wh battery is not.
In a word. if your budget is enough. get 393Wh battery. If you want a cheaper mini board. get 281Wh battery. Both of them are great.
2. What's the difference between hub motors and belt motors?
Belt motors have more torque, more comfort (because it has 4 free wheels. and free wheels has thick tires to reduce shock) and stronger braking than hub motors. but you need to replace the belt after the belt breaks. and belt motors board will have more noise than hub motor board.
Hub motor is quieter and easier to maintain than belt motor (because you don't need to replace the belts). And it's cheaper than belt motor. but it's less in torque, comfort, and braking.
In a word, if you want more performance and better riding experience, please choose belt motor. if you want quiet and easy to maintain. please choose hub motor.
For myself (Aiden), I like belt motor more than hub motor, and replace the belt is easy and cheap, but I can get more powerful torque and comfortable riding experience.
3. Which wheels should I get？90mm or 105mm?
It depends on your demand. If your road conditions are good. I think it’s unnecessary to buy 105mm wheels. But if your road conditions are not good. I suggest you get 105mm wheels. Bigger wheels will improve some comfort on bad road. But it will reduce about 15%~20% torque and range. But no worries. Because our Tynee mini 3 use 13S high voltage and 281Wh/393wh big battery. It still has great torque and range even if you use 105mm wheels. About 45% customers buy 105mm wheels together with their Tynee mini 3 order. So you can decide according to your demand.
4. Why we use 13S high voltage power systems?
Tynee mini 3 use 13S power system. While other competitors use only 10S. Although the cost of 13S is higher than that of 10S, 13S has much better performance and more durable quality than 10S.
The 13S power system voltage is 54.6V, while the 10S voltage is only 42V. Therefore, when the power system outputs power, according to the power formula P (power)=U (voltage) * I (current), under the same current (I), the output power of 13S is 30% higher than that of 10S, So you will feel 30% stronger acceleration and braking power than 10S power system.
At the same time, when it outputs the same power, the 13S has a 30% higher voltage, so its output current is 30% smaller, and the lower output current will greatly extend the battery life, so your power system will be much more durable than the 10S.
5. What are the advantages of 54.6V (13S) high voltage power system？
● More Torque——Higher voltage can offer more torque. According to the output power P = U * I, at the same current ( I ), if the voltage ( U ) is increased by 30%, the output power ( P ) and the torque are increased by 30%.
● No Voltage Sag——All electric skateboard players will suffer a voltage sag. With the decrease of battery power and voltage, the torque and acceleration of the skateboard will gradually decrease. But the high-voltage power system solves this problem. Tynee mini 3 uses a 54.6V high-voltage battery. When the battery is discharged empty, there is still 42.9V high voltage, which means that you can always ride at 42.9V~54.6V high voltage without suffering voltage sag. If you ride the 10S power system board. you will ride at 33V-42V voltage. so you will suffer voltage sag.
● Reduce heat, More Durable——At the same power (P = U * I) , if the voltage is increased by 30%, the current could be reduced by 30%, and according to Joule's law (Q=I²Rt)，the current reduction will greatly reduce the heat of the power system (motors, controller and battery), Lower current will also greatly prolong the service life of the battery, and make the power system more durable.
● Increase Max Speed Without Sacrifice——There are many ways to increase the max speed, such as increasing the KV value of the motor or reducing the transmission ratio, but they all sacrifice torque and efficiency. However, by increasing the voltage to increase the max speed, there is no sacrifice, it fully retains the torque and efficiency. And it makes the acceleration at high speed very powerful and linear.